|“||Uh, well, if you're hearing this and you made it to day two, uh, congrats!||”|
Night 2 is the second playable night of Five Nights at Freddy's, as well as the last playable night in the Demo version of the game. This night immediately starts increasing the difficulty, as Foxy becomes a threat, forcing the player to adapt their play style to accommodate for his appearance.
Aside from a notably quicker activation time, Bonnie and Chica are essentially the same as they were in Night 1. This is the final night where Freddy Fazbear does not attack unless the player lets the power run out.
Phone Call Edit
|“|| Uhh, Hello? Hello? Uh, well, if you're hearing this and you made it to day two, uh, congrats! I-I won't talk quite as long this time since Freddy and his friends tend to become more active as the week progresses. Uhh, it might be a good idea to peek at those cameras while I talk just to make sure everyone's in their proper place. You know...
Uh... Interestingly enough, Freddy himself doesn't come off stage very often. I heard he becomes a lot more active in the dark though, so, hey, I guess that's one more reason not to run out of power, right? I-I also want to emphasize the importance of using your door lights. There are blind spots in your camera views, and those blind spots happen to be right outside of your doors. So if-if you can’t find something, or someone, on your cameras, be sure to check the door lights. Uh, you might only have a few seconds to react... Uh, not that you would be in any danger, of course. I'm not implying that. Also, check on the curtain in Pirate Cove from time to time. The character in there seems unique in that he becomes more active if the cameras remain off for long periods of time. I guess he doesn't like being watched. I don't know. Anyway, I'm sure you have everything under control! Uh, talk to you soon.
— Phone Guy
Just Close The Left Door Edit
This strategy can work for this night too, but it is a bit more difficult to execute, as Foxy is more aggressive and can knock twice on the door in one night. The first knock drains 1% of the power, and the second drains an instant 6% of the power, meaning that 6 AM might not come before the power runs out.
It is possible for Freddy to be lenient if the player "plays dead," but this is not guaranteed. It will be necessary to account for the power loss and wait until later before closing the door. The player must take into account the fact that Bonnie could possibly jam the left door should he get inside The Office.
The player could also reopen the door as they are nearing the end of the night, should they need the power to last just a little bit longer before Freddy arrives.
Another strategy that can help on Night 2 and above is to leave the camera on the Pirate Cove video feed - which renders Foxy inactive - and to occasionally check the Hall Lights to make sure Chica and Bonnie aren't there.
- This stage officially introduces Foxy, who can be a severe detriment when not dealt with correctly. The trick is to watch his hiding place: Pirate Cove. Phone Guy himself notes this, stating that Foxy doesn't like being watched; he becomes more active when the cameras aren't on. Besides Foxy, this stage is still relatively simple, as long as the player is careful and remembers to occasionally check Pirate Cove (about every 4-20 seconds is necessary).
- When Foxy leaves Pirate Cove, the player should close the left door as fast as possible. Foxy cannot be seen with the Hall Lights.
- It is important that the player makes sure that neither of the other animatronics are making a move towards The Office before bringing up the Monitor, since if they get inside, they can attack when it is lowered again, or if it is up for too long.
- Unlike Night 1, Bonnie and Chica can activate before 1 AM comes. Being prepared for their appearance is recommended. While the Phone Guy is speaking, the player should check the cameras to make sure all animatronics are in their proper places.
- Phone Guy advises to check the Hall Lights "if you can't find something, or someone, on your cameras", but there can be instances where an animatronic cannot be found using either the Hall Lights or the Monitor. Often, this occurs whenever the player seeks out Bonnie or Chica on the cameras. Sometimes, it is not possible to find one of them at all for a short time. This is because, besides the Show Stage, the animatronics are never seen to be in the same room as one another as there is an absence of in-game files depicting the two together. This is useful to know whenever the player finds that they are unable to find Bonnie or Chica on the cameras, as there will possibly be times when both Bonnie and Chica are in the Dining Area at the same time. The player may see one animatronic, but not the other, even though they are in the same room.
- This is a safe assumption to make whenever the player finds that an animatronic has "disappeared" for a short time.
- This is proven in the mobile version's purchasable Cheat Mode, which enables the player unlimited power, and the ability to track the animatronics' exact locations in the pizzeria. The best example of two animatronics in the same room is whenever Bonnie and Chica are both in the Dining Area. The map of the pizzeria will confirm that the two are indeed in the same room, but the player will only be able to see the last one who entered the area.
- Golden Freddy can rarely be summoned on this night in the mobile version.
- This is also true for Night 4.
- If the player is playing the demo version of the game, the following message will appear after beating this night, accompanied by Freddy's jingle: